May not be complete or exhaustive, but a good reference nonetheless
Forwarded email time….
Dear Mrs. Samuel,
Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Samuel, are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.
- June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people’s carts when they weren’t looking.
- July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
- July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women’s restroom.
- July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, ‘Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away’. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money.
- August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.
- August 14: Moved a ‘CAUTION - WET FLOOR’ sign to a carpeted area.
- August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he’d invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department to which twenty children obliged.
- August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, ‘Why can’t you people just leave me alone?’ EMTs were called.
- September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
- September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were..
- October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the ‘Mission Impossible’ theme.
- October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his ‘Madonna look’ by using different sizes of funnels.
- October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled ‘PICK ME! PICK ME!’
- October 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed ‘OH NO! IT’S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!’
- And last, but not least.. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, ‘Hey! There’s no toilet paper in here.’ One of the clerks passed out.
If you change queues, the one you have left will start to move faster than the one you are in now.
When you dial a wrong number, you never get an engaged one.
After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.
Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
When the body is immersed in water, the telephone rings.
The probability of meeting someone you know increases when you are with someone you don’t want to be seen with.
When you try to prove to someone that a machine won’t work, it will!
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
People with the seats at the furthest from the aisle arrive last.
As soon as you sit down for a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
The National Poetry Contest had come down to semi-finals between a Yale graduate and a redneck from Wyoming. They were both given a word, then allowed two minutes to study the word and come up with a poem that contained the word. The word they were given was “Timbuktu”
First to recite his poem was the Yale graduate. He confidently stepped to the microphone and said:
Slowly across the desert sand
Trekked a lonely caravan
Men on camels, two by two
The crowd went crazy. No way could the redneck top this, they thought.
The redneck, with sweat rolled down his face, made his way to the microphone and said:
A friend and I a hunting went,
We spied three maidens in a tent,
They being three, we being two,
I bucked one and Tim bucked two
The redneck went to the finals.
Have you noticed this over the last week or so? It’s all over the interwebs!Beta of Chrome OS released!Someone with too much time on hands made up a Linux distribution from SUSE Studio, added Google Chrome to it, called it Chrome OS and put it (cleverly, I might add!) on Google Sites.The outcome is a piece of Junk. Sorry that’s rude, but I know because I tried it - knowing too well that it’s a phony. But a geek that I am, I had to try it. There’s no way even a super-premitive-alpha of any Google product, that they are claiming to be ‘revolutionary’, would be so unpolished.Even then, links to this site are all over the place - news feeds, twitter, facebook - you name it. Even biggies like DailyTech and Engadget (or was it Gizmodo? Can’t remember) managed to make a story out of it (but quickly retracted? I saw something in my news reader, but the link was broken).I wonder why everyone was fooled into thinking that Google released that beta, when there was no official word from Google. Especially, when Google had recently said that they would release the said OS only late in 2010.Today there were sightings of, what look like Mint OS, claimed to be Chrome OS. Just because it has a bit Google Chrome logo as the background image!This is insane… WTF!